|Photo by Zaira Brilhante|
The trick to achieve this look is to use ribbons with different thickness and texture but to stick to a colour theme.
- Plain scrapbook
- Different selection of ribbons, strings and twine
- Something to stick them to the book: you can choose from glue, Mod Podge (my best friend!) and double sided sticky tape (it does the job as well)
Making it is pretty straight forward. The only tips are:
1. Make sure you cut your ribbons and twine at least 4cm taller than the height of your book, so that you can fold and glue them to the back of your cover both on the top and bottom.
2. Use the glue or the Mod Podge to stick the ribbons on your cover, but don't apply it to twine or string, unless it is on the tips, on the back of the cover. Note that on the back you can also use double sided sticky tape, it works really well.
3. Leave some space (from 1/4cm to 1/2cm) between each ribbon, it makes it look more natural.
4. To finish off, use the first page of your book and stick it to the back of the cover, this way hiding the tips that you glued to it.
|Once you glue the first page to the back of your cover, you have a perfect finish!|
|Both photos by Zaira Brilhante|