I saw these vintage envelopes made from cake doilies last year in a wedding magazine and I used them to send my "save the date" cards. As I could not find the magazine or the original tutorial, I decided to create one of my own.
|Photo Credit: Zaira Brilhante, with Pentax K-x|
- The card you want to send inside the envelope!
- Rectangular paper doilies, the one I used is 25cm x 35cm and I got mine from here.
- Glue (or Mod Podge with a little brush, to help you applying)
1. With the doily facing down, place your card on top of it as per fig. 1.
2. Fold both sides (left & right) and also the top, to make sure your envelope will close properly. Note: Keep your card in place, as it will help you when folding. Make sure you leave a bit of room on both sides, as you don't want it to be too tight.
3. With a pencil, trace a line in the bottom, about 1.5cm below the end of your card. With the doily still folded, remove the card and cut over the line.